Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The need to have time just by yourself for yourself

When is the last time you read a book for pleasure? Had a relaxing hot bubble bath? Cycled or did any hobby that makes you happy? If you have to think too hard to come up with an answer.... you may not be having enough 'self' time.

I find myself increasingly irritable these days.... I have been trying to juggle all the cooking, cleaning, mothering and wifing and in the rush forgotten myself. Men are so lucky that they get to walk in and out of the house as they please but I have to think of a 100 things before I get a 5 minute shower or 10 minute walk... I really don't think its fair because we work-at-home mums work inside the house while they - the work away dads work outside of the house. When the men get home they see it as a hard days work done and its time for relaxation but for us.... a break is almost impossible to get until the kids go to bed.... after which of course we are far too fatigued to do anything but go to bed ourselves. To me this seems unfair... is a ten minute break a day or 45 minute self time a week.... too much to ask for?

I don't know what I'm going to do but I have to find a way to make some time for myself that I can use for either my own self development or leisure or relaxation. Everyone needs some healthy alone time. Everyone needs to do things just for themselves that make them happy and that give them the energy to make it through another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home