Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Is the Quran really a divine word?

Most people restrict their blogs to a particular stream of thought. I tend to blog about anything and everything that’s in my mind. No order, no classification, no structure, not even subject. This is one place that is my own to play with. Or is it really?

I made the evening tea today after ages. I feel guilty that I am not able to help around enough. It’s not because I don’t want to; it’s because 24 hours is simply not adequate for my work and needs that are voracious. I wonder how the rest of the world manages with it. I was able to take a few naps every now and then in the two gifted days. Anyway as soon as I get my post-grads off my hands, I hope to engage in kitchen and home specialities which still unfortunately remain important in this part of the world. I remember that I use to make time to recite the Quran and read a little from its translation everyday. It is a good mind-meditation scheme that brings me back to reality just like the five daily prayers do. Now I barely remember when I did that last, leave alone fixing up the tea.

I am somehow not satisfied reading the translation of the Quran. I did learn Arabic but the Quran is not just in spoken Arabic. The meanings are a lot deeper than what is literally implied. While reading I get the feeling that the Quran is somehow different from any other book. Is it because it is not a product of the human mind? It certainly cannot be because facts in the Quran were not known to mankind at the time revelations came down. In fact most of it still isn’t. It is a book of the past, the present and the future that will suit all times and all mankind. The Quran is logical. Science may contradict it but how many times in the past has science taken a U-turn? The Quran never will, because it is the absolute truth and just because some experiments performed by the very limited man illustrate otherwise that does not make the Quran wrong or false. Many attempts in the past to disprove the Quran as the word of God have ended as miserable failures. I only hope that my time on earth will be long enough to read and understand all of it, Insha Allah.

“This Quran is not such as can be produced by other than Allah; on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelation) before it, and a fuller explanation of the book wherein there is no doubt - from the lord of the worlds. Or do they say, ‘He forged it’? Say: Bring then a sura like unto it and call (to your aid), anyone you can, Besides Allah, if it be ye speak the truth” 10:37-38

4 Comments:

At 4:08 PM , Blogger Sven said...

Out of curiosity, as islam is a too instrinsic web for me to unfold myself; Gods word written down by man, what does do to the divine words in the proecess?

 
At 3:26 AM , Blogger Tasha said...

That is a question that has worried people’s mind… time after time. What happen to the words from the time they were in people’s minds until they got into written format…? Frankly speaking – I don’t know the answer and I guess nobody does but there comes a point that we trust the sources. The people that memorized the Quran at that time were the most trusted by the phrphet and we go with that. At the end of the day everything we do falls down to trust. Think about it!

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger ריקי כהן said...

you can read about it here:
Reading Quran

 
At 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Islam has been put to test eversince Adam and Eve, and the Quran too from the moment it was reveled to the Holy Prophet in the Mt. Hira.

Many moons have gone by since...............


The threats, the doubts,debates and symposia go on.

Yet there are no new versions and editions of the Quran!

If the Quran was not revealed..
if it is not the word of All Mighty Allah......

If it was authored by a man or a woman......then

there should be second and third editions and so on. There should be an " errata" somewhere?

None however dares!
Why?

Because of some fear?

Because every man - Muslim or not,knows within himself that man can not create something close to the Quran, leave alone the Quran itself.

The fear is to accept this fact in the open.

The fear to accept the truth.

THRE IS NO MONEY WHEN YOU ACCPET THE QURAN AS DEVINE .......BUT THERE IS A LOT OF IT WHEN YOU TAKE A CONTRARY POSITION.

The fear is to reveal to your friends and family that you accept the quran as devine.as the truth and nothing but the whole truth.

You need not be a Muslim to accpet it.You only need a balanced view.

Simple logic of scientic argument can reveal the truth.

Just think how mankind knew about the minute stages of Human Embyology 15 centuries ago?

If an answere can be provided to this simple question..... then we could forget about the Quran being the devine revelation.

May Allah forgive me and all mankind for we are in darkness and debate unknowingly and tread upon areas of shirk at times without our knowledge or intention.

He knows best

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home